Thursday, March 28, 2013

growing up



It's really, really hard to believe; but I still sleep in a twin size bed! The same twin bed that I had all throughout my years of college. I'm in my semi-late twenties and stand at 5'10. If I don't maneuver correctly, my feet hang off. I don't know how it's possible that I've gone quite this long without an 'adult' bed.

Maybe it's a metaphor for where my life is at right now. I'm content as a single girl, working her way through each day. 

How do you know when you've grown up? Many of my friends are married, having babies, or buying houses. I think of myself as grown up because I finally have a steady income with money to actually spend on things I want. Being 'grown up' is different for everyone, and that's OK. I move at my own pace. Hopefully, that move includes a queen size bed soon!

Love: georgina duvet @ anthropologie | pillow @ target | pillow @ bed, bath & beyond



3 comments:

  1. Hey big beds get cold and feel lonely! I loved my twin bed I had in college. It was so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are grown up whenever you want to be. everyone is already pushing the "when are the babies" questions on my husband and I and the answer is possibly never because we love our life as is...why change it? but even if we did, it would be a loonngggg time away. you need to live your life on YOUR terms. and sleep in a twin bed as long as you want because it is much more snuggly. :) and high five for tall girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a cute and simple yet interesting post :) just found your blog and I'm loving it! So pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete