Tuesday, March 26, 2013

healthy habits: the veg life



Moving towards a healthier lifestyle is something that I've been working on for over a year now. I've come to terms with the fact that as I'm getting older, my body is...changing. I've been fortunate to have a high metabolism, but that doesn't necessarily mean 'healthy'. Your body could look decent on the outside, but inside it could be a mess. I wasn't aware of what I was putting in to my body, or how I was overeating. Once I made a change in my meals, I noticed a change in my overall feeling. Drinking more water, eating more vegetables, and not stuffing myself has done wonders for my body. Something as simple as that, really can make a difference.

Lately, I've been putting avocado on everything! It's one of those vegetables (or fruits?) that can instantly add that much needed flavor to any dish. Turkey burgers, jalapeno poppers, veggie wraps, you name it. They're also good for you as they are a source of fiber, potassium, and vitamins.

Veggie Wrap
This has been my go-to meal for lunch at work:

  • Spicy Hummus
  • Spicy Guacamole
  • Strips of red, orange, and yellow peppers
  • Lettuce
  • Shredded Cheese
Add all to a wheat wrap, and enjoy!

What vegetable have you been loving?

3 comments:

  1. I have been loving pureed soups lately. This one is DIVINE. All of those veggies actually sounded horrible together to me when I first saw this recipe. But I figured... why not? And I have never been so wrong in my life. BEST. soup. ever.

    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-potato-carrot-apple-and-red-lentil-soup/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about pureed soups so I will definitely need to try this recipe. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. nice post;)
    i like making veggie wraps, so easy and healthy ;)X


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete