Wednesday, April 3, 2013

healthy habits: something in the water


I have never liked the taste of water. I was that kid who grew up on sports drinks and pop. My parents never drank water, so I didn't. When I started to modify my habits towards a healthier lifestyle, I wanted to focus on drinking more water. The problem was, I couldn't stand it. I tried using crystal light packets to mask the taste, but those packets contain artificial sweeteners, and are highly processed.

I then tried lime juice, simply because we had it in the fridge, and I've been hooked ever since. After doing some googling, I discovered fruit infused water is not a new thing at all, just to me. There are plenty of great ideas and tips for adding fruits and veggies to your water, like I found at: cheap recipe blog and inhabitots. Yum!

The main reasons I'm upping my daily water intake:
  • Less calories and sugars
  • Better looking skin!
  • Helps cleanse your body
  • Makes you feel better overall

Do you have a great infused water recipe?

2 comments:

  1. I love adding some lime juice to my water, learned that one from my younger sister...you are so right, it really does add something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing some legit blog stalking today and just came across your adorable little space!! I LOVE IT! Needless to say, you have a new follower :)
    I drink water with lemon and honey in it (and sometimes cucumber) every morning! It's so refreshing and supposedly really good for you!

    ReplyDelete