Thursday, April 18, 2013

throwback: the hair experiment


Back in my sophomore year of college, I decided I was going to change things up a bit. Looking back, I have absolutely no idea why I chose to do this! I'm sure every blonde has imagined themselves as a brunette and vice versa. It was quite a shocking process, to say the least. I was every shade from blonde to brunette that you could get, including some red hues.

I loved having dark hair...for a while. It was a refreshing change, and mixed things up a bit. But, then the summer months began. I'm not a natural blonde, more of an ashy dark blonde, but the sun still brightens my hair. I was left with bright blonde streaks around my face, while the rest was black. It looked like I couldn't make up my mind.

I haven't been back to my brunette self since college. I've kept with the lighter shades. When I tell people that I had black hair, they usually can't believe it. I also get the 'do blondes really have more fun' line. I definitely had more fun as a brunette, but think I stand out more as a blonde.

How have you experimented with your locks?

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for a post!

    I think I like the dirty blonde look suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous both ways but I think the blonde suits you better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree! Blonde definitely suits you better =) I a friend who claimed to have her license in cosmetology highlight my hair (with bleach!) and it looked awful! There were half inch roots and it was super chunky. I absolutely hated it. So I did what anyone else would do...march to my nearest drugstore, grab two boxes and change it back...unfortunately, I did that too soon after and it turned all my hair grey. No bueno. Since then, I have yet to do anything to my hair! Crazy!
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete