Wednesday, April 24, 2013

when it's time to move on

gorgeous shots from lady tori photography

If there's one thing that I've always struggled with, it would have to be letting go of the past. This was most difficult when I graduated from college, and later, grad school. It also didn't help that I got a job at my college, and have not moved away since I came here as a freshman. I can't believe it will be ten years come August since I first came to this campus. And that's part of the problem. Everywhere I go here there is a memory. Memories of friends, parties, outings, tough assignments. There is always something to remind me of the past here.

I can get so lost in it sometimes that I don't move forward. I don't look ahead as much as I should. We know when it's time to move on, because it just feels right. You just know. That time is coming, if it isn't already here staring me in the face. I suppose recognizing that you need to let go is half the battle. Time really does fly after all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren, Thank you for sharing this post. As women, "letting go" can be difficult. I struggle with it too.

    ReplyDelete