Friday, May 10, 2013

weekly wrap-up: healing


The weeks seem to be flying by now...

HEALED
I had my stitches removed on Wednesday, and my wound is healing pretty nicely. I highly suggest a plastic surgeon for skin removal. She did an amazing job, and left my scarring to a minimum. I just have to go back in six weeks for a checkup.

RESEARCHED
Cameras. I'll be taking a couple trips this summer, and thought it was time to get a new point and shoot camera. However, I'm at a loss as to what to get. I don't have a lot of money to spend, but I don't want to be too cheap either. I saw a few blog posts about how bloggers should only use high-end dslr cameras, so I thought I would ask you all for advice! What type of camera do you use, and how do you like it?

READ
The news this week about the three missing women in Cleveland. I've always been interested in missing persons stories. They really get to me. The news this week was unbelievable. To find those women alive, right around the block, is both devastating and amazing. If you haven't read Jaycee Dugard's book 'A Stolen Life', it is definitely worth the read. You hear a lot of people say 'why didn't they just run away!', well if you read Jaycee's book you'll understand. The book is incredible simply because she remembers and explains everything so vividly.

INSPIRATION FOR YOUR WEEKEND


 Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. The quotes you choose are always so appropriate.

    I'm sad that those three women had been abducted ten years ago but I'm incredibly relieved and happy for them that they're safe and sound now. I know they have a lot healing to do and I wish them the best.

    Can't wait to hear what camera you choose! I definitely need to get a good camera one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you have a speedy recovery, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any Canon Powershot is what you should get. I've had one for years and I took it to Italy with me and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete