Tuesday, May 7, 2013

why i started blogging


I discovered blogs around the time I started browsing beauty videos on youtube a few years ago. I was never big into makeup, products, or fashion. I was pretty much a tomboy growing up. I started wearing makeup and worrying about my clothes when I entered high school. I was definitely a late bloomer.

I created my first blog in 2011. It started as a beauty blog, but never really went in one particular direction. I called it very random. Though I had been blogging for close to two years, I kept getting nominated for new blog awards. I kindly thanked everyone, it was a very nice thought, but I couldn't help but think that I was doing something wrong.

A few months ago, I decided I wanted to try again. I really missed writing, connecting with other bloggers, and reading posts. I deleted my old blog, and started fresh. I wanted to write more about myself, my ideas, and share things that I loved.

Most of all, though, I wanted to meet people. There are so many people in the blogging world who share similar interests and experiences. I thought I would find more people like myself through blogging than in the small town I live in. For me, that's the best part.

Hooah and Hiccups

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I had a similar experience with blogging and ended up deleting my old blog because I wasn't happy with it- here's to second blogging chances! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great reason to start blogging. I love the connections we make through it. :)

    ReplyDelete