Wednesday, June 19, 2013

recipe: lettuce wraps


I made lettuce wraps all last week after seeing a few pictures on blogs. They looked delicious, and healthy, though ignore the deep fried pickles and microwaved mashed potatoes in my photo above, so I had to try them out!

WHAT YOU'LL NEED

  • Lettuce: romaine or boston (mine is romaine above)
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Diced avacado
  • Your choice of filling (I chose pulled pork and rice)
  • Shredded cheese

WHAT YOU'LL DO
  • Choose the sturdiest leafs
  • Pile on the ingredients

I was surprised at how tasty these were, including the leaf. The ingredient possibilities are endless, which is why I was able to eat them for a week straight! They are both filling and light at the same time. 

Have you tried lettuce wraps, if so what were some of your favorite ingredients?

2 comments:

  1. We usually do taco boats with romaine!
    It cuts down on the fried taco shells and I like to pile on the avocado and sour cream.

    Happy Wednesday!
    -Samantha
    substanceandsoul.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so tasty! Great post and recipe! : )

    ReplyDelete