Tuesday, June 25, 2013

tech talk: travel apps


When I started thinking about the big trips I have lined up, I started to panic a little because there was so much I had to remember, pack, and plan. These trusty, free, apps have come to my rescue.

GATEGURU
This app lists yours flights, including arrival and departure times, gates, and estimated length of flight. I like that it counts down the days until your trip.

SAVING GRACE
This app works as a packing list for any and all items needed for your travels. Items are broken down into categories, which you can then edit as needed. You can then check off the item as you pack it. The only drawback is that you cannot add your own items, but it's the best free packing app out there.

STYLISH GIRL
This app is basically your wardrobe in mini form. You take pictures of your clothing, add them to the closet, and can then put together outfits, pack your suitcase, or even shop for more clothes. This app will be extremely helpful for me since I am only allowed one bag for my two and a half week trip! ONE BAG! I'm also that person that forgets what was packed, so clothes could be at the bottom of my suitcase, and I wouldn't have seen them until the last day.

What are your favorite apps for traveling?

3 comments:

  1. That stylish girl one looks awesome! If I could only have someone else take all the pictures... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love knowing about these apps...especially the last two!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you wrote about this app. It is a must when traveling.

    I invite you to check out my blog.
    loyaltofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete