Thursday, June 13, 2013

throwback: father's day gifts


Father's Day is this weekend already, and somehow I've managed to find my gift way ahead of time. I find it more and more difficult to find gifts for my dad as we both get older. We sure had it easy as kids, any handmade gift was sure to be a hit.

Long gone are the days where I could fashion a gift out of cardboard and string. Or sign a card with my hand print. No more little shops set up at elementary school where I could buy (using my parents' money) all kinds of cheap, little gifts. The gift I was most proud of had to be this plastic coffee cup art thing I made in school. You had to draw on thick paper, which was then placed in between the outer layer of the cup. A one-of-a-kind design, if you ask me. I drew my little stick figure body playing catch with my dad while some birds flew in the clouds. I remember being so proud of my "skills", especially the birds, which were just weird looking letter m's.

This year, I got my dad this t-shirt (I got him the football one, and myself the hockey one):
We're from Buffalo, this is the unfortunate life of a sports fan here haha! 

What have been some of your favorite father's day gifts?

1 comment:

  1. Oh the gifts we gave as kids...and our parents loved them (or at least some of them!) I'm sure your Dad will love that gift!

    ReplyDelete