Tuesday, July 2, 2013

july already? packing & guest blogging


Here we are at the start of yet another month. Time is flying this summer, mostly due to crazy work schedules, vacas, and weekend weddings. I've missed a few posts last week due to my stressful work dealings. I've never been this stressed at work, or this uncertain about my future here. But, all we can do is take things one day at a time, right?

With everything that's been going on this past week (bachelorette excursions to canada!), I've barely had time to think about packing. I'm hoping for some friendly advice here: I'm only allowed one bag for my 16 day stay in London. I fill one bag easily for a 4 day trip to Florida! Should I bother with a small carry-on, and if so, what would be the best room-saver items to fill the carry-on with? Do you have any helpful tips for packing?

GUEST POSTING
I've had a few awesome ladies volunteer to guest post for me while I'm away. If you are interested, please send me an email, and I'll give you more details. Just a friendly reminder that I'll need the posts by this Thursday, at the very latest.

Are you taking any trips this month?

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you're going to London! My favorite city in the whole world. U usually pack mostly personal items in my carry on and an extra pair of clothes (bc there's nothing worse than when the airline loses your luggage an you're in a foreign country. I know from experience, sadly). Hope things are going better at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know how you feel with the work situation I am starting to question my job too oh well its paying the bills at least.

    London is amazing my Fiance proposed to me at the top of the london eye in December : )

    I always take a carry on mainly because i am scared that my case wont get to the other end! and it give you an extra few kg's.

    Obviously you will be doing lots of walking to see the sights so take a couple of pairs of comfy shoes, theres no way of knowing what the weather will bring so you will be better bringing layers so you can adjust depending on the weather. if you get skinny soft denim type jeans or leggings they are alot lighter and you can wear them with flats or high boots and dress them up or down so i would suggest taking a few pairs then tees and vest tops that you can dress up with scalves and things.

    Dresses are by far the best thing to pack as you get a full out fit in a one piece rather than top and jeans just and again many can be dressed up and down for casual.

    hope you have a great time!

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete