Tuesday, July 30, 2013

london highlights


Well, I'm finally back after three amazing weeks of work-free travel. I had a wonderful trip, met a lot of people, ate a lot of food, and had a blast. I went on the trip with a group of students and professors from the university I work at. We stayed in one of the dormitory halls, so I was instantly taken back to my first years of college as I wore sandals in the shower. We had daily excursions to places in and around the city.

Some of the highlights of my trip were:

  • Stonehenge
    We were able to visit the ruins right at sunrise. It was an incredible experience. Though we weren't allowed to touch the rocks, I put my hand as close as possible and could feel the magnetic energy. It was unreal.

  • Shopping
    The very first day I took a trip to my favorite store: Primark. I went back about three more times, and discovered other new stores as well. While the students were in class in the mornings, I would venture out in the city looking for new places to shop.

  • Scenery
    The old architecture is just amazing, and obviously something we don't have in the US. We ventured to old ruins, hilltops, and mountain sides which were all breathtakingly beautiful.

  • Pubs
    We went to a pub just about every evening. I had plenty of drinks that I can't get back home. We met a lot of people while we were just hanging out. I even met a guy that I've been keeping in touch with ;)

London continues to be my most favorite city. I'm already looking to plan a trip back. But now, it's back to reality. More pictures can be found on my instagram: oheylk

Have you done any traveling this summer?

4 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds amazing! I am hoping to go to London in December. Fingers crossed!

    http://charmingsilence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine Stonehenge in real life and then seeing it at sunrise sounds amazing!!! Glad you had a good trip! And a guy you are keeping in touch with? Oh la la. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. London is the most amazing city in the world, in my opinion. I've been several times but never made it out to Stonehenge. So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love London, I used to live there, and I have to say, there are so many wonderful things about it...though I never made it to Stonehenge, I must add it to my list! :)

    ReplyDelete