Friday, August 30, 2013

feel good friday: it is still summer


This week was one of the busiest for me because college is back in session. Usually, that signals to me that summer is over, and we are ready to welcome fall. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love fall, but around this time of the year, I long for an extended summer.

But, hey, it's not quite fall yet. Summer is still kicking. So, to make the most of it, here are some feel good things to do while it's still summertime:

DRINK SUMMER COCKTAILS
Though summer shandy may have been lifted from the shelves and pumpkin beer now sits in its place, you can still make your own summery concoctions:


GET A TAN
It's not too late to work on your tan. While it is still warm, it's not nearly as hot as July (at least not here in New York!), so laying out is a bit more comfortable. This is the best time to sit outside and soak up some rays.


HAVE A BBQ
Labor Day weekend is the perfect time to bring out the bbq, yard games, and fun. Anyone else play kan jam like we do?


INSPIRATION FOR YOUR WEEKEND

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I will have to try that beergaritas recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love that quote! Nothing like a loud noise first thing in the morning to start your day off on the wrong side of the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am still totally in denial about fall approaching. totally gonna hit up some of your suggestions as i suck out the last bit of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I'm a bit tired of summer. I want to wear layers again.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete