Thursday, August 15, 2013

throwback: 90's music


I'm in charge of making a 90's power hour for an upcoming bachelorette party. I love making power hours because I get to fit 60 awesome songs into one mix.

I had forgotten just how good the music was back then. I've been jamming out to everything from euro-dance to grunge to pop to rap and then some. Music was very different a couple decades ago, and I miss that.

Though, watching the music videos now is a whole different story. There has been a lot of cringing and head shaking on my part as I've been working on this mix. But, I'm sure when these vids first came out, minds were blown. Let me show you what I mean...

haddaway - what is love

savage garden - i want you

marky mark & the funky bunch - good vibrations

What were some of your favorite 90's songs?

5 comments:

  1. I love that you posted this today! I posted on songs I listened to as a kid that I didn't realise were dirty.

    90s music was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashamed to say I was a Backstreet Boys fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Return of the Mack - Mark Morrison is THE jam and always will be THE jam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a HUGE fan of 90s RnB/rap - mary J, blackstreet, foxy brown, KRS-one, tevin campbell (omg remember him?!), jodeci, tupac, eric B and rakim... ahhh they don't make music like they used to... now we have drake and beieber and all that other garbage they call "music".

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and biggie smalls; can't forget B.I.G

    ReplyDelete