Tuesday, August 20, 2013

what's been saving my under eyes


I've been trying for years to find the very best solution for a problem that just continues to get worse: under eye shadows. I'm talking in addition to bagginess, dark circles, and creasing, I've got these shadows which look like I haven't slept in months. I could never find a concealer that was thick enough or gave enough coverage, until now.

In last month's birchbox, I received benefit's it's potent eye cream. I really liked it so I went to sephora to see if they had a thick under eye concealer. The girl helping me out suggested benefit's erase paste. I got it in medium because my skin is tanner during the summer. This stuff is amazing! It's thick, so a little bit goes a long way. I use a brush to dot it directly on to my shadows, and blend it out. It has a brightener in it, so placing it directly on the shadows helps to cover them. I then use a lighter under eye concealer from almay directly under my lashline, and blend it into the concealer below with my beauty blender which came in an earlier box. To make the concealer last, and prevent creasing, I use elf's high definition powder as a final touch.

It's been a few weeks since I first started using the erase paste, and it really makes a difference. It's a bit pricey, but I didn't mind because I've spent so much money on other products, I figured it was worth it. I never tried benefit products before, only heard good things about them, so I'm intrigued as to what else would be a good buy.

Have you found an amazing product that's been working for you?

3 comments:

  1. I use the erase paste as well but I find that it creases under my eyes. I learned from another blog to put primer under your eyes and then concealer but I still find I get creases :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I've been searching for a great under eye product too. Makes me feel so old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I've actually been curious about this concealer for awhile. I typically love all of Benefit's products, so I am sure that I'd love this too. :)
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete