Tuesday, September 24, 2013

the single life [challenge]


I'm linking up with Fal from Fal Finds Happiness for her I Challenge You series. My challenge is the single life...

I've always been single, and have always been completely ok with that. I think it comes from being an only child, I'm used to being on my own. I've never been the type of girl that had to have a boyfriend, had to have constant guy attention, hey I never even had a date to a high school dance. I was a late bloomer, and really didn't start to receive attention from guys until college.

When I really start to peel back the layers of why I'm ok with being single, I'm finding that I might just be scared. Since I've never really had a boyfriend, I don't know what that kind of life would be like, and that unknown can be scary. As I'm typing this, it seems kind of ridiculous, but sharing my life completely with a guy freaks me out. 

Lately, I've been meeting a few guys who seem genuinely interested in me, and I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Maybe, I'm just really guarded. There was a guy back in college who was really into me, so much so that it turned me away, but he always said that I had all of these walls up. Thinking back, I'm sure he was right, and saw things in me that I couldn't even identify at such a young and transitional age.

But, I do enjoy my single life. I enjoy the freedom of doing what I want, the excitement of meeting new people, and the fun in just having a good, carefree time. Do I want more than that? I'm still not sure.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. you go girl! I wish I had a friend like you around where I live. I need a single girlfriend. I am the same way right now. I have people interested in me, but at the end of the day I am really OK with being single right now. And I have walls up...higher than anyone can even imagine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're linking up with me today. I completely understand the single life challenge. You're not alone girl!

    XOXO Fal
    falfindshappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also single and have been for a while now, I got through spates of not having a boyfriend for a few years then dating a bit - this has happened a few times over my teens and twenties. I would love to settle down now but it will need to be an awesomely special guy to make me happy to give up my single life where I am who I am and I don't need to answer to anyone!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you embrace the single life because then you can be as "selfish" as you want to. It sucks sometimes having to compromise when you're in a relationship and you can't always have things your way because you have to worry about the other person's wants.

    Once you find a guy you really like, you'll know it and it'll be worth not wasting time with all the losers that are out there.

    ReplyDelete