Thursday, September 12, 2013

when you're in a rut


RUT: a narrow or predictable way of life, set of attitudes, etc; dreary or undeviating routine.

There are just some days when you realize you're kind of in a rut. What am I doing with my life? Where am I even going? Why do I keep doing to the same things every day?

I often feel these things because I consider myself 'stuck'. Stuck in the same place I've been since college, stuck in a college town, stuck with a roommate, just stuck. Getting older doesn't help either. Though I love my job and my friends, it's the town that I'm in that I struggle with. Of course I can get out if I wanted to, but something always seems to hold me back. I just can't seem to make that clean break. I commend anyone who has been able to pick up everything and move to a new place. 

I'm not always in a rut, but when I find myself there, I turn to things like writing, designing, listening to music, and taking trips back home. Anything that takes me away from the situation for a moment or so.

What do you do when you find yourself in a rut?

2 comments:

  1. I am not even sure what I do when I am stuck in a rut. but I feel stuck where I am at. I don't have the balls to move away...though I want to move to the beach so bad. I want sun everyday and not cold. I want to wear flip flops and dresses...not boots and jackets. the thing that keeps me stuck here is my family but i want to move away so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been stuck in a very annoying rut lately and I feel blah and can't seem to get motivated so I have booked myself into a bootcamp with my trainer's company - although not with him another of the trainers I know a little. Three mornings a week before work - eeek! Hopefully this will kick start everything and get me ready for my next phase of fitness!
    x

    ReplyDelete