Tuesday, October 29, 2013

costumes of halloween past


As Cady Heron once said, in voiceover; "In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it."

As seen in the above photos, the progression from halloween in college to halloween now is pretty evident. Last year, I opted for a full on body suit as Catwoman, something which would have been unheard of in college. There's also my friend's baby dressed as a hot dog, another sign of adulthood. The year before that, as Babydoll from the movie Sucker Punch (my best costume to date), I opted for heat warming pads to battle the pre-winter chill. And prior to that, well, it was just hoping for the best as you ran through town to avoid the cold. I also had to put actual girl scout patches on my sash to cover the printed on ones that read '69' and '420'. Classy costume.

There was a spot on buzzfeed article about how halloween is different after college:

9 Ways Halloween Is Different After College
Halloween used to be so sweet (pun intended).

Unfortunately, I won't be dressing up this year due to the holiday being on a thursday, and me not being able to stay awake past 10:30. Such is life.

What were some of your best costumes?

4 comments:

  1. My most favorite costume was with my best friend and we were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. We ignited a Tweedle Dee/Dum phase in my hometown for the following Halloweens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great in all of your costumes and not slutty in any of them!

    Heat warming pads in a costume is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween after college is so true!!! Gah it makes me sad haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this is hilarious. Love the girl scout. Scouts honor. Haha.

    ReplyDelete