Thursday, October 31, 2013

happy halloween muhaahaahaaa


I needed a quick costume this year, and the above is what I came up with. Simple, yet effective. We used to have this plastic jack o lantern that lit up and said 'happy halloween muhaahaahaaa' over, and over, and over. That voice is cemented in my brain, and also, appropriately, the title of this post...

It's finally halloween! My favorite holiday of the year AND it's somewhat warm out albeit rainy, dark, and windy, but warmth!

SPOOKY HALLOWEEN FACTS
  • Black and orange are typically associated with Halloween. Orange is a symbol of strength and endurance and, along with brown and gold, stands for the harvest and autumn. Black is typically a symbol of death and darkness and acts as a reminder that Halloween once was a festival that marked the boundaries between life and death.
  • Halloween is also known as All Hallows’ Eve, Witches Night, Lamswool, Samhaim, and Summer's End.
  • Dressing up as ghouls and other spooks originated from the ancient Celtic tradition of townspeople disguising themselves as demons and spirits. They believed that disguising themselves this way would allow them to escape the notice of the real spirits wandering the streets during Samhain.
    - source

AND THIS NEVER GETS OLD


I'll be celebrating tonight by eating the candy I've set aside for the trick or treaters who never show up to my door. 

How will you be celebrating? What are you dressing up as this year?


Halloween Link Up

4 comments:

  1. I am dressing up as.....LINDSEY! Scary right?! After work I am heading over to my moms to hang out and scare children...THE BEST! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super interesting about the evil spirit disguising thing! I love your costume. When in doubt... Look to mean girls. It never fails! :) happy halloween, Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the costume, the halloween facts, and that video! hahaha! Such a good one! Happy Halloween! Thank you for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a mouse. Duh. Haha LOVE! So cute.
    Thanks for linking up! :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete