Tuesday, October 8, 2013

october movies: must watch list


If there's one thing I really love about this month, it's watching as many halloween and scary movies as I can. You've got the classics, to the really scary, to the really freaky, so here is my list for all of the above...

THE CLASSICS
  • Hocus Pocus
    This one has to be watched multiple times during the month because it is so great. I loved it as a kid, and I love it even more now.
  • Halloween
    The original isn't as creepy because many of us weren't around when it came out in theaters, but it is still definitely a classic. If you want scary, check out Rob Zombie's remake. That one gave me nightmares.
  • Scream
    This one re-wrote the genre, and it's just really, really good.
  • The Exorcist
    Gave me nightmares as a child, but I appreciate its terror.

THE CUTE

THE SCARES
  • Trick 'r Treat
    This one is the latest addition to my must watch list because it's four stories in one, all dealing with halloween.
  • The Orphanage
    If you don't mind reading, this one is in subtitles, but the story is so captivating you forget that you're listening to another language.
  • Drag Me to Hell
    This one surprised me because it was actually scary and not a meh as many newer films seem to be now.
  • Halloween H2O
    I like this version because it's an update and has jamie lee curtis, plus josh hartnett (where has he been these days?)
  • Final Destination and Final Destination 5
    If you only watch two films out of this overly extended franchise, then make sure it's these two.

THE CREEPS
  • Paranormal Activity
    The original, and the creepiest. I couldn't sleep after watching it because I was too focused on listening to noises in my house.
  • The Others
    It can be a bit slow, but the plot makes up for everything.
  • A Tale of Two Sisters
    This is a south korean horror film so there will be subtitles. It is just chilling. The american version is called The Uninvited, but it's not as good.
  • The Sixth Sense
    Back when M. Night Shymalan could do no wrong, this one was his best work. 

There are plenty more films that could be added to these lists. 
What are some of your favorites to watch?

6 comments:

  1. I love casper!!!!!! oh and would you believe me if I told you I have never seen Hocus Pocus?! "/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hocus Pocus and Paranormal Activity are my go-to Halloween movies! Also love Nightmare before Christmas because it's like Halloween and Christmas fused into one awesome movie lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloweentown and Scream are my go-to movies every year! I just need to get my Halloween Oreos and fun sized candy :)

    Charming Silence

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously DVR'd Hocus Pocus the other night so my husband and I could watch it together. When I excitedly told him about it, his response was, "I've never seen that movie". I died. Also, I too, loved Double Double Toil and Trouble! I'm pretty sure my mom still has it on VHS (along with To Grandmother's House We Go, of course) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love scary movies! We almost watched Little Monsters last night because I have never seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot got a year without watching Hocus Pocus! I also love The Worst Witch and the Charlie Brown Halloween too. :)
    The Grass Skirt Blog

    ReplyDelete