Tuesday, November 26, 2013

feel good tuesday


I'll be heading to South Carolina for Thanksgiving so I thought I'd do a friday post on a tuesday, crazy, I know. At the start of the month, I mentioned that I was going to focus on things I was thankful for this month. What I realized is that I'm more interested in reading about other's stories of thankfulness and kindness. The following stories brought tears to my eyes all month long...

Teen Battling Cancer Ties the Knot in Dream Wedding

The 18-year-old high school seniors began dating last October after meeting at an anti-racism event at school, but six months later, Leslie was diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukemia.

Band of Fifth Graders Stick Up For Dapper Kindergartner Being Bullied
Football team at elementary school stand up for waterboy picked on for speech disorder.

A Veteran Died With Nobody To Attend His Funeral — What Happened Next Was Incredibly Moving
Harold Jellicoe Percival, a veteran of Bomber Command in WWII, died last month aged 99. The death notice in his local paper said that there was nobody to attend his funeral.

35 Pictures That Prove The World Isn’t Such A Bad Place
Everything is NOT terrible.

Kindness does still exist, and I think we have a lot to be thankful for. If you celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you have a wonderful one!

Enjoy your week/end!

1 comment: