Thursday, December 19, 2013

about that most fascinating people list


So, I had another post planned for today, but then I watched Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating People of 2013 last night, and felt the need to gripe a little.

MILEY
I actually really enjoyed her interview until Barbara decided to speak about what love is. Miley was saying some really deep things about her breakup with Liam, and I was nodding in agreement with her...


“I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think, conquering that fear, this year, was actually bigger than any other transition that I had, this entire year. I don’t ever want to have to need someone again, where you feel like, without them, you can’t be yourself.”

And then Barbara says 'but, that's called being in love, that's called maybe wanting to be married to someone for the rest of your life, you don't want that?' I'm sorry? Being in love is supposed to mean losing your sense of independence, your sense of self? Miley realized she was too young to be engaged, too young to get married, and wanted to discover herself. And I commend her for it. You can watch the clip here.

JENNIFER
This girl can do no wrong. I love watching interviews with her because she's so refreshing. I really appreciated how she basically called out the media for how people view and criticize others. 

"And the word 'fat'. I just think it should be illegal to call someone fat on tv. I mean if we're regulating cigarettes and sex and cuss words because of the effect it has on our younger generation, why aren't we regulating things like calling people fat?"

I think she has such a good head on her shoulders for only being 23. I just really enjoy her.

THOSE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED
The girl who is famous for no reason and her man who claims he is god were on the list..who knows why?! I think they're awful.

THE COMPLETE LIST
Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Lawrence, Robin Roberts, Edward Snowden, Prince George of Cambridge, The Robertson Family from Duck Dynasty, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Diana Nyad, Pope Francis, and Hillary Clinton.

Did you watch the show last night?


2 comments:

  1. i didn't watch it...but now i totally am going to check it out! i SO agree about the "those who shall not be named couple" so ridic.

    ReplyDelete