Thursday, December 5, 2013

facebook is now online dating?


Lately, I've been getting a lot of random facebook requests from random guys. Usually, if I have a few friends in common I accept the request because hey maybe I somehow know this person. However, I believe this has turned into an awkward online dating thing. If I wanted to do online dating I would just join plenty of fish...again (stories for another post!)

Yesterday, I had a request that I accepted. Shortly after hitting the accept button, said dude, sent me an eloquent message saying 'hi'. I responded, and he continued to make small talk, asking what I was up to, if I worked today, all in poor online slang grammar "wat". Soon, he asked if I ever return to my hometown, and then proceeded to ask me out for drinks or dinner. I asked if I had met him before, he said he believed so, I didn't. He claimed it could have been in a restaurant/bar, but not in a downtown area. Ok, I thought, this guy must know something. I didn't press it. Then, he concluded the thrilling conversation with 'i'm tired'.

There's got to be a better way to ask a girl out, right? I typically question guys' judgement, and this one is just strange. I looked this morning to see if we're still friends, and looks like he hasn't hit the de-friend button yet. And people still wonder why I'm single haha.

Have you had any strange or awkward date invites??

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to my life problems with tinder. Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online can be either really good or horribly bad. I met my current boyfriend on plenty of fish but I had to go through a bunch of creeps and weirdos to find him LOL.

    ReplyDelete