Thursday, December 26, 2013

observations from the couch this holiday

source (not my couch, but I definitely wish!)

Unfortunately, I was under the weather for christmas eve and christmas. I'm still unsure as to what I had specifically, food poisoning or the stomach flu, either way it was awful. I didn't even get to finish my shopping because the illness sidelined me for so long. I was barely able to eat most of the holiday meals. But, it gave me some time to observe from the couch.

Nothing says the holidays like only seeing the tops of kids' heads, apparently. My three cousins were so focused on their iphones/tablets/cameras that they didn't really interact, or say much at all. It's pretty sad that time spent with family means burying your face in a device. It's difficult to connect with these kids when they seem so spoiled with technology, and gifts I never dreamed of receiving at that age. But, that's the technological world we live in.

I did notice that though our family numbers have dwindled, we are still able to have a nice evening together. Telling stories of those we've lost, and looking through photo albums, is a nice way to end the year, and celebrate family.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment