Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY: that i was actually able to do


I'll be honest; I'm not very crafty or handy, and DIY projects typically don't end well for me. But, this one actually worked...

TURNING YOUR OLD CURLING IRON INTO A WAND
Every time I see a hairstyle I like, I'm told it was done using a curling wand. Now, I had purchased one before, but quickly returned it because I couldn't figure it out. Rather than waste more money, I found some helpful videos and links for creating my own wand.

STEP ONE. 
Remove the little kickstand from the clamp. I had to wiggle mine loose, before I could pull it off.

STEP TWO.
Unscrew the screws on either side of the clamp. This I really had to pry off because I couldn't get to the screws. Once you have them out, you can remove the clamp.

STEP THREE.
Unscrew the larger screw that is remaining to remove the springs from the base of the wand.

And that's it. I'm still working on how to actually curl my hair now, but it is definitely easier thanks to my homemade wand.

2 comments:

  1. I did this and use it ALL the time! I'm so glad I did because I never used my old curling iron and now i do! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about doing this with my curler for a while but I didn't want to screw the wrong screws and it fall fall apart but I gotta try it seeing how easy you made it (:

    ReplyDelete