Monday, January 6, 2014

skincare: a daily battle


I've entered my late twenties, I should not be dealing with troublesome skin on a daily basis, right? I never seem to have completely clear skin, and that is a problem. While I've thankfully never had severe skin problems, I've experienced enough to make me feel embarrassed and aggravated.

In addition to drinking more water, and eating less junk food, I've made some adjustments to my daily skin routine:


CLEANING
I use baby shampoo to remove my eye makeup because it's gentle, and won't burn my eyes. I wear contacts, and often experience crusty eyes in the morning. I use the baby shampoo to wash them before putting in my dreaded contacts again.

PREVENTING
Neutrogena's acne wash has been a saving grace for my skin for years now. I noticed a positive difference in the types of blemishes my face was experiencing after I started using this. When you first start to use the wash, your skin will need some time to adjust, and it may become very dry.

EXFOLIATING
I received a sample of this product in one of my birchboxes, and have been loving it. I even bought the set for my mom to try (troublesome skin runs in the family). The cleanser leaves your skin feeling so smooth, but the best part is how much the muslin cloth removes dirt, even after you've washed your face. I've also noticed that it has been helping to clear up my complexion.

MOISTURIZING
I read another blogger's post about this lotion, and had to give it a try. It's truly awesome. My skin is more moisturized using this product than anything else I've tried. I use it both day and night. I even noticed that my skin dried out immediately when I wasn't using this on a vacation. It's that good.

If you battle your skin as well, what are some of your go-to products?

2 comments:

  1. I'm just about to run out of my moisturizer so I'll look into that one! Thanks!

    I remove my eye makeup with makeup remover and then follow it up with baby shampoo just to be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I totally know how you feel! I struggle with acne too :( Have you ever tried Dermalogica? It has worked wonders for me. I also started using a toner after washing to make sure my face is extra clean.

    ReplyDelete