Monday, February 3, 2014

i'm over you, winter: things to get you through


I'm not sure what the groundhog saw yesterday, but I can probably guarantee it still means more winter because I live in Western New York. Winter lasts for what seems like nine months here. I'm also at that point where I just feel over it. The constant snowfall, the bitterly cold temps, spandex under my pants, yup I'm ready for some warmth and the sight of the sun.

VACATION TIME
Checking out warm vacation spots can be helpful when we're in the middle of a polar vortex. Dreaming about lounging on a beach makes me feel warm.

SUNLESS GLOW
There's a fine line to walk here between glowing skin and orange shading, but the two products I swear by are: Loreal Sublime Bronze Lotion (for face) and St. Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Lotion (for body). If you mix the sublime lotion with regular lotion it helps to get an even application, and makes the tanner not as concentrated. You can get a natural kind of look with these two products.

HEALTHY EATING & FITNESS
Now is probably not the time when you want to be thinking about a bikini, but for me it's the perfect time because I can get an early start. It's not like I have much else to do since I'm stuck inside all the time. If you start early with a gradual approach, you won't be as anxious when it's finally time to hit the beach. Plus, starting early allows for more time for your body to adjust to a different diet or new exercise that you're trying.

WATCH FROZEN
I'm adding this here because I just watched this movie, and now I'm obsessed! It makes you appreciate the beauty of winter. You could also belt out 'let it go' while you work out. I don't know. I can't stop. I love this movie.

What helps you get through the winter blues?



2 comments:

  1. I thought Frozen was adorable!! Groundhog saw his shadow yesterday (doesn't he always?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete