Tuesday, February 18, 2014

olympic love


I absolutely love the olympics, always have. Kerri Strug was the reason I signed up for gymnastics, though lack of skill and flexibility was the reason I resigned. Oksana Baiul (my heritage is ukrainian) was the reason I took more ice skating classes. I've always wondered what it must be like to be an olympian. I'm hoping in another life I'll be one, but with my luck, I'll probably come back as a squirrel.

GO TEAM
I love the sense of pride people have for their countries during the olympics. Saturday, I watched the USA vs Russia hockey game at the bar at 7:30 in the morning. The place was packed! Everyone was in red, white, and blue, hoisting flags, and chanting U-S-A, U-S-A. It was an awesome experience. That shootout was insane!

THE STORIES
These athletes have amazing stories which I would gladly read every day over the ridiculous reality stars or celebrities-famous-for-absolutely-no-reason. Did you see the US skier who is trying to save stray dogs in Sochi? Or the US gold medalists ice dancing pair that have been skating together since they were children?

THE GEAR
Dicks Sporting Goods has a ton of gear to represent your country. I just picked up the Old Time Hockey shirt. I also found other apparel on teamusashop.com and other countries at footballfanatics.com.

What do you love about the olympics?

2 comments:

  1. Gosh can the Olympics be topped the year that Kerri Strug nailed that vault?! I must say that the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan debacle also made for a riveting Winter Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all too. I will be so sad when it is over!! The hockey game was so intense!

    ReplyDelete