Tuesday, March 4, 2014

celebrities on a pedestal


If there was one thing that I took away from the Oscars Sunday night, it was the vision of Brad Pitt handing out plastic plates to other celebs to eat pizza. It was one of those 'oh they're just like real people' moments, which sounds so stupid when you really think about it. Of course they're real people, they just happen to be in movies and on tv, and therefore famous.

While I've never met a famous celebrity in person, just a few pro sports players here or there, I'd like to think that I would be completely calm and just say 'oh hey'. But, that probably isn't very realistic. What about them makes us go so crazy when we actually meet them? How do we just lose it completely and turn into a crying mess at the mere sight of them?

Granted, some of these people are doing amazing things and deserve our adoration; like Angelina Jolie's humanitarian work, or Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation, and countless others. But, on the other hand, you have young teen stars who were thrown into the spotlight and immediately labeled a 'role model' for other young people. I didn't realize that being famous at a young age meant that you were automatically a role model, regardless of whether you wanted to be one or not. I hear ya, Miley!

Oh, the celeb life. Sometimes, you wish you had it, but probably those that do wish they didn't always have it. What a conundrum.

3 comments:

  1. I watched one of them take pizza from a box and thought "wow...he's like me." - really?! LOL. Yes I guess they are just like us - pizza slice serving and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never have my life put out into the public like that. Sure they are rich and take grand vacations but at the cost of their personal life. No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can honestly say that I would never want to be a celebrity. I wouldn't want the fame. I'd be okay with the salary though. :p

    ReplyDelete