Friday, March 7, 2014

feel good friday: a mix of many feels

I've read and watched a few things this week that made me smile, tear up, or take a deep breath. I wanted to share a few for this feel good friday, though fair warning, some tissues may be needed.

EMILY'S HAIR
A three-year-old donates her hair because she knows there are children who are sick and losing theirs.


LUPITA'S SPEECH
Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o talks about the self-hate she experienced growing up because of the color of her skin.

BEN'S FIGHT
A family from the town next to mine in Western New York is facing a difficult battle. Their four-year-old son has been diagnosed with brain cancer. The mother started a blog to share Ben's story: http://bensauer.blogspot.com. Please visit blue4ben.com to help join their fight.

2 comments:

  1. All of these things made me tear up! Lupita is so incredibly well spoken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to your blog. I love your blog picture (with the glasses). I feel like we would be "real-life friends" :). Happy Friday! Will be following! :)

    ReplyDelete