Wednesday, May 21, 2014

inspiration: get going

As I said goodbye to a few people after commencement this weekend, I couldn't help but feel a bit sad. They told me of the places they'll be moving to, of the new jobs they'll be taking on, and of the grad schools they'll be attending. To see these students and friends going on to do bigger and better things made me both excited and frustrated.

Excitement for them, their eagerness to try something new, their hope for new and bigger things. And frustration for me, for staying in the same place for so long, for feeling stuck. It was actually the kick I needed to really get back to my job search. I don't want to watch people do things that I want to do. I don't want to make any more excuses. And I don't want to continually have to write about it here, I need to take action.


1 comment:

  1. At the end of your days you will far more regret the things you didn't do as opposed to what you did do! Go for it girl, no time like the present!

    ReplyDelete