Wednesday, June 25, 2014

inspiration: remember to laugh

I saw this quote from People Magazine back when Lupita Nyong'o was named most beautiful. I immediately loved it, and had to snap a photo to remember to blog about it later. Obviously, I forgot until now. I saw the photo on my camera roll and smiled as I re-read it because it's so true. I laugh...a lot. Yesterday, I was doing interviews for a Grad Assistant position in my office and I had a giggling fit during one round. The poor girl who was interviewing looked at me like I was nuts.

When I was younger, mainly in high school, I hid my quirky personality because people thought I was a weirdo. True story though, I am a weirdo. But, the older I got, the more I embraced my quirks, and was able to laugh at myself rather than be too concerned with how others viewed me. It's great advice for young people, but when you are that young person it can be incredibly daunting to just ignore what people say and be you. You only really start to understand and embrace that when you're older though. Well played, hindsight.


3 comments:

  1. That is a great reminder! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It's funny those things that you thought were so important and worried so much about when you are younger don't seem as important now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good message - really wish I had laughed more at myself when I was younger. Really, what's life worth if it isn't full of laughter? :)

    ReplyDelete