Wednesday, June 4, 2014

inspiration: summertime

It felt like I waited eight long, grueling months for warm breezes, sun, and bronzed skin. That time is finally upon us; summertime. Now that it's here I'm doing my best to make the most of it since I complained in many blog posts about the brutal cold of winter. While I have no trips or vacations lined up this summer, I do plan to make the most of the heat with as little complaints as possible.

My goal this summer is to spend as much time outside as I can on the weekends. This Saturday I'll head to the 'beach' near where I live. I use quotes because it's really just a fake sandy area near the lake. It kind of smells, and there are so many rocks you can't lay properly on your towel, but hey no complaints! Sunday, I'll be taking the British students who are currently at the college to a triple-a baseball game because it doesn't get more American than that.

What do you have planned for this summer?


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited summertime is here. On my agenda is a lot of poolside naps before baby comes and rocks my world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I'm more of a winter person myself, but I feel since we live so close to the beach (Charleston, SC) we need to take advantage of it! Still..the sticky sand you have to lay on.. the warm salt water you have to swim in to stay "cool" and the hot, humid "breeze"..there's just no way to be comfortable out there! But like you said..no complaints! haha

    Love your blog and you are gorgeous!

    Like The Yogurt Fashion. DIY. Beauty

    ReplyDelete