Thursday, June 19, 2014

learn from my contact-wearing mistakes


You may remember waaay back in January, I wrote about how I had to start wearing my glasses instead of contacts because of an eyelid infection thing...well, here we are six months later and I'm STILL wearing my glasses. That would be six long months of crooked eyeliner, semi-blindness, and no sunglasses.

I've had to see my eye doctor every month to see if the swelling and irritation had gone down. I am known by name now at the office, and no longer have to sign in. I'm almost at the end, friends. Almost. I can start wearing daily contacts, but not for too many hours.

So, what in the world happened? Well, I had been experiencing swollen eyelids and gross build up from my contacts since probably May of last year. I chalked it up to bad allergies, and carried on. When I saw my doctor in January he informed me that the insides of my eyelids were so irritated and swollen that my contact could not stay firmly on my eyeball. I had to use steroid and irritation eye drops every day. However long you have the irritation, that's about how long it takes to get rid of it. The irritation came from the specific type of contact lens badly rubbing against my eyelid.

Geez, in those six months I could have gotten lasik. Oh well, live and learn, and then save up for eye surgery.

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. I know that has to be painful! I can't imagine having to wear my glasses every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very similar thing happen from wearing contacts! I thought I had pink eye, but it was an infection from my contacts, which are daily's, and I had to wear glasses for months. Now I'm afraid to wear contacts and only wear them once a week, if that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I have worn contacts for years and if I had to revert back to my glasses I would honestly cry. My vision in one eye is a -8!!!!

    ReplyDelete