Thursday, June 5, 2014

recipe: veggie flatbread pizza

amateur foodie photo but you get the idea

Summer is the time where I tend to load up on veggies and try to incorporate as many as I can in my meals. I love pizza, like really love in the sense that I named Thursdays 'Pizza Thursdays' just so I can have an excuse to eat pizza every week. I've recently started using flatbreads for my pizzas because they come in smaller portions, and I don't have to deal with baking the dough. I just pile my ingredients on top, bake, and eat. The avocado really makes this particular pizza. I also don't use sauce, just a light layer of oil, it helps me feel full but not bloated to the point where I have to lay down and nap, haha.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
  • Flatbread of your choice (I chose garlic flavored)
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Diced green onions
  • Diced avocado
  • Spinach
  • Shredded cheese (I chose four cheese italian)
  • Olive oil

WHAT YOU'LL DO
  • Spread a thin layer of olive oil on the flatbread.
  • Add the veggies and spinach.
  • Layer a bit of cheese on top.
  • Bake for about 10 minutes.

What do you love to put on your pizza?

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using a flatbread. Pizza is my favorite food group, and I'm well aware it's not really a food group, but to me it is. I need to start using avocados in more of my recipes!

    ReplyDelete