Wednesday, July 30, 2014

inspiration: do your thing

Lately, I've been all about the female-comedian-awesomely-powerful ladies and what they have to say about everything. I think it's because they can poke fun at themselves, and get their message across.

While I don't spend too much time worrying about others' opinions, it can be a difficult task to just simply do your thing. I'm definitely going to have to embrace this mentality should I be going on any interviews in the upcoming months (fingers crossed!). I get extremely nervous in interviews to the point where it physically shows on my body. I get these heat rashes that spread across my chest and up my neck. It's very embarrassing, but I haven't found a way to conquer it just yet. I can't completely calm myself down, but maybe if I didn't put so much energy into worrying about these people's opinions, I might be ok both mentally and physically. Either that, or make up a whole on stage persona/alter ego a la Sasha Fierce. Hmm, I shall call her...Lo Lo Strike...umm, so maybe that's still a work in progress.


2 comments:

  1. I'm horrible at interviews. I get so nervous and my voice goes up three octaves and I forget how to answer dumb questions. Lo lo strikes sounds like she's gonna kick some butt, though, much like Bey. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote! I have to care a little less! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete