Wednesday, July 9, 2014

inspiration: friendships

I read Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), while on my mini vaca. I never watched The Office, but I do love The Mindy Project. I really like that Mindy is a genuinely funny person who is herself and has a great message for young girls and women. She's that girl who you wish as your friend. I picture us sipping martinis, scoping out dudes, and laughing so hard our sides hurt. She would even laugh at my jokes. I'm sure she would find my vision of our get together strange, but then again, maybe not.

Regardless, she always seems to have sound advice. I never really valued the friendships I had until college was over. That's when you really discover the select few who you keep in touch with. And having a few is just fine.


5 comments:

  1. love this! can i PLEASE "borrow" that picture for my blog (promise to credit you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Mindy Kaling is hilarious. She recently gave a speech at the Harvard Law School graduation, you should check it out is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Mindy she is hilarious! And that couldn't be more true of a statement - quality over quantity any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kelley, the speech she gave at Harvard was GOOD! She is a woman chocked full of good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I love her so much! Also, I just start watching The Office and it is totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete