Wednesday, July 16, 2014

inspiration: people you want to be around

I must admit. I never watched Parks and Recreation before last week. A shame as I've been told by many, many people. But, now I'm hooked. I think it's hilarious. And I absolutely love Amy Poehler. I love that her character is a strong woman leader, a feminist, and apparently queen of the gays (the penguin episode is my favorite so far). I like what Amy stands for, and I like what she has to say.

I'm at that point in my life where I'm over listening to people judge others. I really don't care, and could be using my time in better ways. I'd rather think positively, and surround myself with supportive people. Seems like it would be so much easier and refreshing.


3 comments:

  1. I love Parks and Recs and Amy Poehler, so hilarious! And she is such a good role model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching Parks and Rec a couple weeks ago, and I'm on season 4 as of last night. I can't get enough of it, and I'm ashamed that it took so long for me to start watching it.

    I agree with you, though. I like to surround myself with positive people. I also like to surround myself with productive people. It's nice to sit around and catch up with friends, but when I'm with people I see all the time, I like to be doing a project or something productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yeah! This show and this post are awesome. Random and weird fact, the mural in the Pawnee office (with the mallards and the deer) is the same mural in my sister's bedroom (the previous houseowner's fault). it's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete