Thursday, August 14, 2014

throwback: those boy bands

nsync or bsb was the ultimate debate

Boy bands were every girls dream in the early 2000s. I was an N'sync NSync *NSYNC fan, though the Backstreet Boys Millennium album was/is my jam. The walls of my bedroom were coated in nsync magazine clippings, glow sticks from concerts, and newspaper articles. Their cds would be my alarm clock in the morning. My afternoons would be spent voting on TRL and waiting to tape record their newest video premiere. Those were the days.

Last year, I made a boy band power hour (it's a hit at parties), and it brought back memories of all those other bands who tried to compete with these two powerhouses. There are so many other groups, and so many other guys from my adolescent years. I was never a New Kids on the Block girl, but I also really loved 2gether haha.

I still remember walking through Abercrombie and hearing LFO, studying the dance moves for Bye, Bye, Bye, singing Liquid Dreams without really knowing what it was about, and drooling over bbmak's accents. 

"I'll steal your honey like I stole your bike." Good stuff. Good memories.

Who were the boys of your dreams back then?

6 comments:

  1. Don't forget Blazin' Squad! haha :)

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny that you bring this up - patrick and i were jamming to youtube videos the other night. on the list? LFO, N Sync, 98 Degrees and a little Hanson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never was super into boy bands (country girl at heart) but I still think I could sing every NSYNC or Backstreet Boy song word for word. Something about growing up in the 2000s just does that do you. And a boy band power hour? Fill me in please. Is it a playlist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Backstreet Boys were my absolute FAVORITE! I remember being like 11 and crying because I heard on TRL that they were "retiring" but they meant retiring off the countdown list because they had been #1 for like 30 days straight or something LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time visits here, nice blog and sharing, I wish you to have a happy day~ =D

    Regards,
    (A Growing Teenager Diary Malaysia)

    ReplyDelete