Tuesday, September 16, 2014

doing 'adult' things

I try not to identify myself as an 'adult' mostly as a joke, but also because I don't like that I can't stop the aging process. But, I'm going to have to suck it up and do those adult things...


On Friday, I had my first ever phone interview which was a major step in my move-out-of-here-take-me-home plan. Remember Lo Lo Strike? Well, girl came out for that interview. I don't know where my confidence came from, or the lack of shaking in my voice, but I held it together and delivered what I thought was a really great interview. I'm trying not to think about it or envision it too much as not to jinx myself. But, fingers crossed I get an in-person interview!

Now that there's a glimmer of hope that I may be able to move out of this college town, it's forcing me to really think about those adult things. Plus the fact that most of my friends have houses and babies. And I'm actually excited about it. These past years in my twenties I've kind of felt like Peter Pan with that whole I don't want to grow up thing, but it's not really that bad. And I have to do it eventually, because, well, life.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck - I hope you get a call back for an in-person interview!

    ReplyDelete