Thursday, September 11, 2014

throwback diaries: september 11, 2001

This morning I searched for my old high school journal because I remember writing about September 11, 2001. I know today can be a touchy subject to write about either because it happened so long ago, or it's too morbid, or whatever the case. Personally, I choose to write about it so that I never forget it.

I found my journal entry from the days after the attacks. I was into making my entries look fancy so that's why I have this strange format...



You can see how confusing it was with the number of dead and missing being reported. I saved a few newspaper clippings as well. It's a bit odd now reading my own thoughts at an age when I really couldn't comprehend what happened but wanted to write it down anyways. It's still unbelievable to me, and I don't think I'll ever fully comprehend the amount of devastation that happened that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment