Thursday, October 9, 2014

have you ever cheated...

People hear the word 'cheat' and it immediately brings panic, confusion, anger. It's not a good thing. But, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say everyone at some point in their life has cheated in some way. For me, it was a test in the seventh grade where I was at a catholic school and hadn't studied as much as I needed to for a test on religion, the irony. And also card games. Definitely, a couple card games here or there around the age of ten.


But, what I'm talking about now is blog cheating. Yes, I've been cheating on my blog. With another blog. For almost a year. For a while I was struggling with the voice that I wanted on this blog. It can be tough figuring out what people like to read, how you want to portray yourself, if you can add your humor to a post, etc. I also wanted to bring a focus to my constant struggle with being in my late twenties and missing college life. So, I started a wordpress blog last year, gasp. I went there.

And it was refreshing. I felt like I had a new, clearer voice. I didn't have to add fancy graphics, I could just use only my words. And I didn't have to start over here. It's definitely more work, but I like having that separation. I could keep both.

Do you have another blog? If so, how do you manage? If not, would you think about starting another one?

4 comments:

  1. i think i would start another one. sometimes i want to say things that i dont necessarily want every one i know to read! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/cosmo-blog-awards-part-two-event.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created a tumblr so that it could be more of a "serious" place for me to write. But now I just reblog cute pictures of cats or memes from my favorite TV shows.

    I know that my audience doesn't read my blog because they are looking for some life-changing epiphany. They are reading it because they want a laugh, and I'm okay with that. But that doesn't mean I don't want to talk about serious stuff, too, you know?

    So, I write all of that down in a journal. It helps.

    I'd be curious to read this other blog of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Catholic school too, so I totally get the pressure to pass a religion test! Haha. I have two blogs- a lifetsyle/health/beauty one and a mommy one. It is difficult to manage at times, but if I didn't have the passion for blogging, it would be way worse! :)

    The Grass Skirt
    The Mini Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! I do a sad job of keeping up with one blog, let alone two! I would love to read your other one, though :)

    ReplyDelete