Wednesday, October 22, 2014

inspiration: all about the experience

Oh Emma Watson, you smart, classy, beautiful lady. As I've mentioned before, oftentimes I don't really bother with 'celeb' advice because you never know if it's coming from a place of sincerity or plugging something. But, man, Emma Watson has said some pretty poignant things lately, and she's still so young! I mean, did you see her gender equality speech at the UN? Or any of these quotes?

This quote is the one I connected with, especially as a blogger and random advice giver (a.k.a my 'live it up' speech to random college kids). Experience is the only reason I can sit here typing away advice to others. I've gone through it. I'm an altered person because of it. My mistakes made me change how I do things. I wish I knew all of this years ago, but it's the journey that got me here, and if I didn't have it, then I'd still be that shy, insecure girl who didn't know it was ok to be quirky.

Everyone makes mistakes. If we didn't, then we wouldn't be in the position we're in now. And we all wish we never made those mistake in the first place. But, it's not about the mistakes, it's about the journey. We learned. We moved on. We're better because of it.


And I'll listen to more of anything else Emma has to say. Well done, girl.

Leviosaaaa.


No comments:

Post a Comment