Tuesday, October 7, 2014

recipe: panko crusted chicken with avocado cream

I don't know what happened to me last week, but I was killing it in the kitchen. I was making meals I never knew I could make, and they were delicious. This recipe came about because I had chicken to use, wanted a crunch, and didn't want to waste an already opened avocado. Masterchef Junior, here I come...


WHAT YOU'LL NEED
  • Some chicken, cut into smaller pieces (mine look like patties, but they're not, it was just the way I cut the chicken)
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of panko crumbs, give or take depending on the amount of chicken
  • Pepper
  • Salt
  • Adobo seasoning, or whatever you'd like
  • Avocado
  • Sour Cream
  • Butter / Vegetable oil mix

WHAT YOU'LL DO
  • Soak the chicken pieces in the milk.
  • Put your panko crumbs in a separate bowl, and then add the spices to your liking.
  • Dip the milk coated chicken into the panko crumb mix, then set aside.
  • After you've coated all your chicken pieces (you may need to create more panko crumb mix), re-dip your chicken in the milk, then in the panko mix. We're going for a double coating to make it extra crispy.
  • Coat your pan in butter and vegetable oil, just enough that you've got an even layer at the bottom. We don't want the chicken swimming in extra fatty oils.
  • Add your chicken to the pan, and cook each side until it's golden brown. I add extra butter if I see that the pan looks really dry.
  • Smush your avocado in a bowl, and add sour cream to make the avocado cream topping. You can add additional spices if you'd like. Or some lemon/lime juice to keep the avocado from browning.
  • Add a side of your choice, I made some rice and added chopped green onions and tomatoes.
  • Add a dollop of avocado cream to the top of your chicken, or on the side if you prefer.

And that's it. The chicken was moist and very tasty. The cream on top gave it an extra bit of yum. I was so surprised by the deliciousness that I had just created that I was giving myself air fist bumps as I ate it. Good stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly, This looks amazing! Major mouth watering over here

    ReplyDelete