Tuesday, October 21, 2014

this is consuming my life right now

i am not this girl | source

Packing. When I'm not busy at work getting things in order for my last day, my time is spent packing all of the crap up at my apartment. I say crap because I've apparently saved things for years. Things I don't even need yet have this feeling that I just can't throw it away. It's a problem. 

Do I need the mardi gras beads I got from junior year? No! Do I need three containers of foundation that are all over two years old? Definitely not! Do I really need those XXL beer shirts that I fought so hard to win'? Nah! And how about all of those halloween costumes from college that I absolutely can no longer fit in to? No!

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there. I didn't realize just how much stuff I had accumulated over the past five years at my place. And the shoes. Geez, there were shoes I've never worn, and shoes I completely forgot about. Yet, I buy more.

I'm overwhelmed. It also doesn't help that my resignation news has now spread at work so I've got people coming up to me to tell me 'we'll miss you, why are you leaving, what will you be doing, let's do lunch'. Lunch is good, small talk not so much. But, I suppose that will be the case when you've spent eleven years of your life at a place.

And next week is when it all comes to a close. Ahh!


2 comments:

  1. oh god i know the feeling! i had the same thing when moving uni rooms! why have i got so much random stuff from years ago haha! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/modelling-with-motel-rocks.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the big move! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete