Wednesday, October 15, 2014

would you help or take a picture?

As I'm contemplating getting a smart phone (crazy, I know), it got me thinking about all of those people I see across campus who walk with their heads down, paying absolutely no attention to where they're going or what is in front of them.

It also makes me think about the news because I continue to see stories where the reporters say they have video footage of whatever was happening. In the shaky cam, you see the people rushing to help while you hear the person behind the camera say 'ohmygod' or 'look'! It got me thinking: would you be the person rushing to help or rushing to get out your camera?

I'd like to hope that I'd be the one helping, that my first reaction wouldn't be to reach for my phone to bring up the camera rather than dial 911. I suppose growing up without this kind of technology makes you overcritical of how it's used now. Seven-year-olds with iphones, whaaaat?

I find it ridiculous that we're so consumed with our phones, or gadgets as I call them. Next time you go out to dinner, take a look around the room to see who is engaging in conversation or who is thumbing through their phone. It's quite sad.

Those kids will probably also have carpal tunnel by the time they're twenty. Wow, I'm starting to sound like a cranky old lady again yelling about delinquent youths. BRB, gotta go find my youth.

love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment