Wednesday, November 19, 2014

heard about that massive snowstorm?..i'm in it

If you follow me on twitter or instagram then you've probably seen my crazy pics and snow-filled tweets. I live in a suburb of Buffalo that saw the highest amount of snowfall yesterday: 60 inches. 60! I have seen this much snow in my 20+ years, but never in the span of two days. And we're expected to get hit again today.

We were literally snowed in. Our street wasn't plowed yesterday, and when they finally did it this morning, we had about five feet of snow at the end of our driveway. Luckily, a guy with a plow on his truck came from the city over to help people. We paid him $50 and he saved us about five hours of shoveling/snowplowing.

I haven't been to work in two days, they closed the college today. It's been pretty insane here, but also kind of scary. Some people have died, people were trapped in their cars for over 24 hours, and roofs/windows/doors are starting to collapse from the amount of snow. It's nuts, but I'm warm and safe!




found my car

4 comments:

  1. I think it's time for y'all to move to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! And I was all upset about getting about 9 inches! Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean, talk about starting winter off with a bang. I haven't been paying attention to the weather like I normally do, so when I saw your first Instagram picture, I was shocked!

    Glad you're safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So insane! My boss is from Buffalo and I was thinking about his family.

    ReplyDelete