Tuesday, April 28, 2015

pinterest find: overnight oats

I seem to be living vicariously through pinterest these days. I'm finding so many things that I want to try, that I now get the obsession. One find that I've been loving is overnight oats. For a while, I was doing the bagel and cream cheese overload for breakfast each day. It didn't leave me feeling full or good. I decided to try the oats thing, mainly because people made it look oh so cute in those mason jars. Yup, mason jars aren't going anywhere. And I don't mind.


The great thing about these oats is that you can do whatever you want with them. I never hopped on the greek yogurt bandwagon like Bobby Flay seems to think, but I do know that it's a healthy option (I just can't stand the taste though!). I'm also currently obsessed with Vanilla Almond Milk. Ever since I came back from England, I have to have milk in my tea. Every morning I make chai tea, then add the almond milk. Mmm it's sooo good.

Here's how I do these oat things:

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
  • Oats, not instant though!
  • Vanilla almond milk
  • Mini chocolate chips
  • Honey
  • Greek yogurt, whatever flavor you please
  • Vanilla granola cereal

WHAT YOU'LL DO
  • At night, put the dry oats in a container of your choice. You may know that I'm the worst at measurements and mainly rely on eyeballing it, so just go with how many you think you'll eat. It is quite filling, so it may take a few tries. 
  • Add some chocolate chips, as many as you'd like.
  • Add a few drops of honey.
  • Add a spoonful of yogurt, or if you like the taste, add a ton.
  • Add the almond milk, enough to coat the oats, then stir. If the oats seem too dry, add a bit more. They should be covered enough, but not swimming in milk. You'll get it.
  • Let sit overnight.
  • In the morning, add a little of the granola cereal for a crunch.

And that's it. Good stuff, and so easy in the morning to grab and go. Of course, there are so many pins out there with mouthwatering flavors and crazy ideas. Here are a few that look amazing:

Have you tried these overnight oats sensational pinterest beauties?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this! I forced myself to like instant oatmeal and couple years ago, and now I am SO stick of it.

    I also kept trying different Greek yogurts until I found the one I liked best. Currently I'm hooked on Chobani Flip.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete